SOL #14 – 3/14/12 Buzzards
It was such a beautiful evening, we sat on the front porch, visiting with friends and looking at the clear, blue sky with puffs of clouds. There was a slight breeze and soaring through the sky we spotted the buzzards. Now buzzards are not pretty birds, in fact they are probably the ugliest birds that I have ever seen and when you see them on the ground, you would not call them graceful. But have you ever watched them fly? From their perch in a tree, they take off with very little effort. They glide in the air with very little wing movement – up and down looking for the next wind current to soar higher and higher. They appear to be playing games – first follow the leader and then tag or catch me if you can. I’m sure their eyes are peering down to the ground to find their prey and all the while being so graceful. And now, their games are over and they will find a tree to sleep in for the night to once again return to the sky tomorrow. A beautiful sight from a distance.

Beautiful sight from a distance. Who would have thought of buzzards? I like how you described their movements of playing games. Interesting observations!
ReplyDeleteLove how you found the beauty in the beast.
Judy, I can really "see" how you look at the simplest things like a bird soaring . . . ahh the simple things are just the best things? Hey this could be a slice for us both..simple pleasures!
ReplyDeleteYou did a remarkable job of describing their flight. They do look like they are playing games. I never thought of it that way. Thanks for sharing the little things.
ReplyDeleteI have never seen buzzards before - they sound really interesting! What a neat visual image!
ReplyDelete