SOL #30 - I wonder how he's doing
My hubby is very self sufficient - he cooks, he cleans, he takes care of himself when I'm gone, but there is one thing that he really, really struggles with. EXCEL SPREADSHEETS!!!
He runs the skeet shooting at the gun club and needs to keep track of the birds shot, the cost, how much money has been collected, etc. So I set up a "simple" spreadsheet for him so that all he has to do is put in the numbers and it "automatically" does the calculation. He does this on a monthly basis, so he needs to delete his numbers from the last month and re-enter. Somehow, it seems to get messed up. A formula is missing, the columns don't add up right, I need another line, etc.
"Hon, I need help". Now I've only shown and told him how to correct these problems (at least once, twice, ???? ) I fix it and he says "How do you do that". I explain and say "why don't you write it down". "Why would I do that", he says, "I have you to fix it".
I've been gone a week and I'm sure he hasn't starved or run out of clothes, but I wonder what his spreadsheet will look like. He's probably waiting for me to come home before he does any data entry!!
He runs the skeet shooting at the gun club and needs to keep track of the birds shot, the cost, how much money has been collected, etc. So I set up a "simple" spreadsheet for him so that all he has to do is put in the numbers and it "automatically" does the calculation. He does this on a monthly basis, so he needs to delete his numbers from the last month and re-enter. Somehow, it seems to get messed up. A formula is missing, the columns don't add up right, I need another line, etc.
"Hon, I need help". Now I've only shown and told him how to correct these problems (at least once, twice, ???? ) I fix it and he says "How do you do that". I explain and say "why don't you write it down". "Why would I do that", he says, "I have you to fix it".
I've been gone a week and I'm sure he hasn't starved or run out of clothes, but I wonder what his spreadsheet will look like. He's probably waiting for me to come home before he does any data entry!!
Oh, I'm sure he is doing just fine. And if he does have any questions . . . they can wait until you return because as he said, "I have you to fix it." :) You should feel so loved being so needed! :)
ReplyDeleteHmmm - this sounds like he likes thee way you fix it - sort of like when my brother-in-law didn't was the dishes "right" during his first year of marriage. :) Hope that spreadsheet isn't too messed up! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't get the excel either, so I have sympathy for your husband. I just hope he hasn't deleted too much and you can fix it for him. I'm afraid I'm an enabler too when it comes to some items on the computer with my husband. I know he will be glad to have you home.
ReplyDeleteJudy,
ReplyDeleteAt least your husband can enter data..my poor hubby still has to ask how to turn my computer on! But like yours he cooks, cleans and does laundry so I think I'll keep him!