Day 24 of 31 SOLSC - Change of Plans
We had everything planned.
I went to Branson for a card making class
I'd come home
We'd have pizza with friends
Leave Max
Go home and finish packing
Leave early on Sunday morning.
Change of plans
I went to Branson for a card making class
I called home to say we were leaving
Hubby says "St. Louis & further north
is going to get heavy snow.
We need to leave when you get home".
New plans
I get home at 5:00 p.m.
Hubby has everything ready
I finish my packing
Get everything turned off, unplugged
We're out of there by 5:15 p.m.
Drive all night and arrive safely at 3:15 a.m.
I'm still waiting to hear that St. Louis
got snow and that this change of plans
was the right thing to do.
A nap is sounding real good, but I am ready
to get some lovin' from
our granddaughters ( and Mom & Dad too).

Welcome to Illinois! Hope you catch up on your sleep once you get lots of hugs from M & P!
ReplyDeleteThankfully you arrived safe and sound even with the change of plans. So glad you are here!
ReplyDeleteThink you were smart! We got a foot of snow in Denver on Saturday. It was super cold and the roads were super icy- lots of accidents on the highway. Pretty sure that was the storm that was headed your way. Glad you are there safe to enjoy your family!
ReplyDelete