Day 27 of 31 SOLSC - Making Bunny & Sprinkle Cupcakes
Our adventure for Tuesday was making cupcakes. The girls were so excited when I arrived. They showed me the bunny decorations and the frosting with sprinkles and the cake mix and proceeded to tell me that we were making bunny cupcakes.
So we sat down to read the instructions on the cake mix box. I told them the ingredients we would need. We got out the mixing bowl, the mixer and a spatula. Next was the measuring cup filled with water, 3 eggs and the oil.
They were very willing helpers. I measured and they poured it into the bowl. Then we stirred it very slowly to get everything mixed. Next came the fun part of using the mixer. P had already learned how to turn it on. We mixed and mixed. Ready to put in the cupcake holders. Taking turns, they put the batter into the cups and into the oven it went. They were ready for the frosting and decorating and it was hard for them to wait, but they did. They looked through the oven door every so often to see if the cupcakes were growing.
After the cupcakes cooled, I frosted them and the girls added sprinkles on some and the rest they made into bunny faces. And then, the best part - We all got to try out our creations.
The smiles on their faces and the excitement of creating something was priceless. I have pictures, but they are unavailable right now. Maybe Michelle will post one later.

TOmorrow's plans include bunny cupcakes with my own little cupcakes! I hope they are filled with smiles too.
ReplyDeleteThe girls loved baking today! Quite a sense of accomplishment. My favorite line? After M. had finished eating her cupcake, "Can I try another one?" Yum - they did turn out delicious!
ReplyDeleteSpecial time with grandma cooking is priceless. I know there were smiles all around.
ReplyDeleteBaking with Granny - best thing ever!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are making not only cupcakes, but also lots of happy memories! So glad you are getting this precious time with your girls!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet story - the cupcakes and mini bakers were a perfect match!
ReplyDelete