Tuesday 9/24/13 - Fall is here!
The calendar says "The First Day of Fall"
The temps are cooling down
The mornings and evenings are refreshing
The humidity is almost non-existent
The hummingbirds are scarce
The deer have turned their darker colors
The sun rises later
The sun sets earlier
The dogwoods have started turning red
The leaves have started to fall
No air conditioning
No heat
Soon we'll light a fire "just to take the chill off"
A time to sit on the front porch, enjoying
A cup of coffee
Listening to the quiet and peaceful day
And as one season ends and the next begins
We feel relief from the heat and humidity
And look forward to a long, long Fall before
the snow and cold decide it's time to push it's way in.

I love the details of Fall
ReplyDeleteThe temps are cooling down
The mornings and evenings are refreshing
The humidity is almost non-existent
The hummingbirds are scarce
The deer have turned their darker colors
The sun rises later
The sun sets earlier
The dogwoods have started turning red
The leaves have started to fall
No air conditioning
No heat
Now is the perfect time to love the Fall...it doesn't last long enough.
Bonnie
I sure hope it's a LONG fall Judy. . . I don't look forward to the white stuff and bitter cold temps . . . too many excuses to hibernate ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou really captured the change in season to fall so elegantly! It's making me miss living in a place with 4 seasons.
ReplyDeleteThe line "as one season ends and the next begins" makes me so thankful for the changing seasons we have, and the new beginnings we experience. Beautiful writing as always!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful poem. I too look forward...but I am still in denial that summer and sandal season have ended!
ReplyDeleteOur mind were in the same place today.Don't you just love it when the humidity leaves and the air is refreshing? I'm crossing my fingers for a long fall.
ReplyDeleteAh, I love the fall...just keep the germs away!!
ReplyDelete