SOLSC 3/19/14 Just the Flick of a Switch

The sun is shining
Not a cloud in the sky
The power flickered
But stayed on
Then just after lunch
No flicker - just nothing
Power was out
No reason
Computers were quiet
No radio
No internet
No access to files
No working stop lights
People unaware
 4-way stops
Policemen directing traffic
And then in just
A flick of the switch
The lights were on
The radio blasting
The computers humming
The printer sending signals
Stoplights working
All is right with the world.


Comments

  1. Hmmm...you wonder what could have caused it. We are always looking for an answer and it sounds like you will never know with this power outage! But at least all is right with the world in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree why is it we always want to find the answer and sometimes it just is what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have captured how the world just stops when there is no power and how "loud" it is when it comes back on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great slice - I love the verbs that change with a flick of the switch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it something how quickly things can change? Human nature compels us to find an answer as to why something happened, but the answer isn't always there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No power is such an inconvenience. We don't appreciate it when we have it, but are quick to complain when it is gone. If I have to lose power, I prefer it during the daylight hours for sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A flick of a switch, no power, short time , but what a difference it made. Odd indeed. I wonder what happened. I think that the poem format works well to share this experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple