SOLSC 3/27/14 Nap Time or Quiet Time?
Yesterday, Mommy had an oil change scheduled for her car at 7:45. Grandma & the girls got to play dress up and a parade with a marching band. M & P searched high and low for just the right outfit to wear and then they dressed Grandma with necklaces and a flower hat. M had the drum and wand. P opted to sit and read while Grandma and M marched around the house. P joined in after a couple of trips around. And then it was time to hid from Grandma.
After a trip to Hobby Lobby and the library, we had lunch and tried to decide if it was a day for nap or just quiet time. Mommy, M & P had made an agreement at the beginning of the week that they would take a nap every other day. Yesterday was just quiet time. We settled down with a couple of books and Mommy closed her eyes while Grandma read. They wiggled and giggled and talked softly. They snuggled under a blanket. Grandma crocheted and M watched and waited. "Can I help?" M asked. I said, "Of course". I held her hand and helped with each stitch. Pretty soon she asked if she could do it herself. She wrapped the yarn around the hook, stuck it in a hole, wrapped the yarn some more, into another hole. Trying to do what I had done. One day she'll learn, but for now she is trying.
To end our quiet time, we finished watching a movie they had started. Before I left to meet some friends for dinner, M asked if I would bring my yarn back tomorrow so she could finish her project.
Another special moment to embrace.
After a trip to Hobby Lobby and the library, we had lunch and tried to decide if it was a day for nap or just quiet time. Mommy, M & P had made an agreement at the beginning of the week that they would take a nap every other day. Yesterday was just quiet time. We settled down with a couple of books and Mommy closed her eyes while Grandma read. They wiggled and giggled and talked softly. They snuggled under a blanket. Grandma crocheted and M watched and waited. "Can I help?" M asked. I said, "Of course". I held her hand and helped with each stitch. Pretty soon she asked if she could do it herself. She wrapped the yarn around the hook, stuck it in a hole, wrapped the yarn some more, into another hole. Trying to do what I had done. One day she'll learn, but for now she is trying.
To end our quiet time, we finished watching a movie they had started. Before I left to meet some friends for dinner, M asked if I would bring my yarn back tomorrow so she could finish her project.
Another special moment to embrace.

Time with Grandma is so precious.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day! Grandma time is always the best!
ReplyDeleteWe all need someone to show us how to do what we ourselves don't know how to do...yet. What a special bond to create with your granddaughter.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have a crocheter in the making. Too bad there were no pictures included of the dress up. :-) Sounds like it's been a fun time with the girls and Michelle.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! Kids just love dress up don't they?!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! I bet M will be crocheting in no time!
ReplyDeleteLearning from grandma while having fun. Treasured memories!
ReplyDelete