SOLSC 3/7/14 - Another Trip to Guatemala, But I Can't Go
Last October, I spent a week in Guatemala with Thrivent Built/Habitat for Humanity building a house for a family of eight. It was one of the best weeks of my life. The people of Guatemala, the sights, the experiences, the bonding and fellowship with those who went with me, and the love of God bringing it all together. My boss headed up the trip for Thrivent Financial.
This week, he and the other rep in our office are going back to Guatemala for another build, this time on the Atlanta coast of Guatemala.
But, I can't go.
I'm jealous!
Yet I know there will be another trip - maybe this fall.
In the meantime, I will wait for their return so that I can hear of their experiences of the week. And hold down the fort while they are away.

I remember reading about your experiences Judy and how wonderful it was! Like you say, another trip will be in your future, how fortunate for those who are waiting for you ;-)
ReplyDeleteEveryone needs a good fort-holder-downer, right? Next time!
ReplyDeleteAnd, like Lynn, I remember your writing about that trip. Hopefully you'll be able to join them this fall.
Rats - maybe next time! I'm glad you wanted to go - that means the last trip meant so much.
ReplyDeleteWow - already thinking about another trip? What an experience - maybe the next trip Dad will join you?
ReplyDelete