SOLSC 3/9/14 - Sundays Are Made For Times Like These
One of my favorite Gospel groups is Ernie Haase & Signature Sound. As I walked yesterday, they were singing a song entitled "Sundays Are Made For Times Like These". The chorus rings so true to how I believe Sundays should be. It goes like this:
"Sundays are made for times like these
Sunday morning worship and time with the family
A day to rest
A day to love
With no place you've gotta be
Sundays are made for these"
We try to capture this every Sunday
Worship God, Communing with Him, Praising Him, Hearing His Word
Fellowship with our church family
Breakfast with dear friends
Skyping with our family
Resting - reading a book, taking a nap
Enjoying life to it's fullest
Embracing the gifts God has bless us with.
Yes, Sundays are made for times like these.
The last line fulfills God's promise to us:
"I keep thinking about the one day
In my home up in the air
Every day will be Sunday over there."
"Sundays are made for times like these
Sunday morning worship and time with the family
A day to rest
A day to love
With no place you've gotta be
Sundays are made for these"
We try to capture this every Sunday
Worship God, Communing with Him, Praising Him, Hearing His Word
Fellowship with our church family
Breakfast with dear friends
Skyping with our family
Resting - reading a book, taking a nap
Enjoying life to it's fullest
Embracing the gifts God has bless us with.
Yes, Sundays are made for times like these.
The last line fulfills God's promise to us:
"I keep thinking about the one day
In my home up in the air
Every day will be Sunday over there."

The other day, I asked you to come visit
ReplyDeletemy home up in the air
and together, we gently pounded nails and steps
into a tree so that this house was obscured from view
by leaves and branches and metaphors
only writers know to write in a poem
that is constructed from someone else lines
into something new.
-Kevin
PS - I am line lifting this morning.
A beautiful read for a Sunday morning! On my way to fellowship and worship soon! Then on to spend time with my mom, my sister, and my daughter who is home with us this week on spring break from college. Who knows, maybe one of my brothers will drop by, too!
ReplyDeleteI love the message of your post...spending time with God, family and friends and relaxing...just right Sundays.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words for a beautiful day! I will try and remember these words as I get ready for the week. :)
ReplyDeleteI always think how everyday should be Sunday! Of course I know that is not reality but I do love the idea!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect Sunday. Sorry the skyping doesn't always happen! Always depends on the girls and their schedule! I wish Sundays were more relaxing around here. It's always a goal of ours, but whatever we don't do on Saturday, gets pushed to Sunday. But the afternoon we are relaxing on the couch...with heavy eyelids, an afternoon to rest.
ReplyDeleteThe pace of Sunday has always been slower and time to save up energy for the busy days of the week.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully said! I should read this post next Saturday to get ready for Sunday!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely Sunday you have had. Your Sundays make the rest of the week better!
ReplyDelete