Tuesday SOL 9/2/14 - Why Can't We Be More Positive?
As I sit here and listen to the news, I wonder, "Why can't the news be more positive?" Why must the news media tell all the negative and bad things that happen? Do we get a "high" out of listening to the shootings and killings, the robberies and terrible things that happen in our nation and world? Why is it that the news media talks on and on about how this celebrity or sports person did this or that? Why is it that at the end of a news cast, the media will actually have a brief (maybe two minutes) segment of something good and positive that has happened? Are these "positive" moments so far and few between that we can only have one a day?
What would happen if the news broadcasters started off with a positive story and proceeded to only relay those great things that happen every day? How would our outlook change? Maybe if we heard more of the good things that occur on a daily basis, we could turn the way our society is headed. There are so many good people in this world and so much good that could come from it. Let's all try to be more positive starting with our families and friends and hopefully in turn, they will share it with others and it will continue to move on to even more people.

I hope some news agency hears of your words. We do need more positives in our world.
ReplyDeleteI am so with you on this. There are days when I don't even turn the news on because I don't feel like being depresses. A line from an old Anne Murray song comes to mind..."Sure could use a little good news today".
ReplyDeleteThere's got to be some media outlet that would be willing to lead with an upbeat story. Why not pitch it to your local news station?
ReplyDeleteI so agree with you! That's why I don't watch the news anymore. The negatively is endless and the media just blows it all out of proportion. Not to mention that those we "trust" aren't even giving us all the true, factual information! I think Stacey has a great idea! We need a news channel of happy!
ReplyDelete