SOL 24/31 - Spring in Illinois?
So this is spring in Illinois???
This was our drive in to Michelle's this morning. Hubby and I looked at each other and asked "who's idea was this to come to IL in March?" We've lived in AR for the past 15 years and we get snow, generally in January/February. But generally, we don't get snow in March. We should remember, but.... still family is important and we wanted to come.
Hopefully by Wednesday the sun will come out, the snow will melt and it will be back to spring. If not, we're heading SOUTH quickly. Next year we may just invite everyone to AR for the week!

Our March can be very crazy almost every year. I get sad when we can't see the crocus...xo nanc But it will be soon...patience.
ReplyDeleteNot what I expected for our first day of spring break! And it was way more snow that I thought! I actually miss seeing the brown all around and the tinges of green. But we have no control of this crazy weather. Hopefully by Wed. more sunshine and less snow!
ReplyDeleteWell Judy, some people go to the mountains to ski for spring break, so this is your version minus the skiing. Hope the sun breaks through and melts all the misery away.
ReplyDeleteBrrrrr that brings back memories! Indoor fun for a day and I hear a bit of a warming trend is on the way there! Rain, snow, cold...I know you all will have a great week! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteOur snow here in central PA is just about gone, although there are a few heaps in my yard that insist on hanging on. Hopefully the temps will rise for you and you will have bright sunny days with your family. I'm sure your granddaughters bring out the sun even on gray days.
ReplyDeleteHopefully by now the March snow has melted! Enjoy your winterish spring vacation!!
ReplyDelete