SOL 7/31 - What Do You Want For Dinner?

That's the question I get asked every day.  Hubby is my cook, but he relies on me to decide what I want him to cook.  All I have to do is make that decision.

When the kids were young and I was doing the cooking, I would always ask the same question.  His response was usually, "Whatever you want."

So, should we have fish, chicken, pork, spaghetti, stir fry, or maybe we'll have breakfast for dinner.

My question back to him is "what do we have in the freezer?"

Or I say "whatever you want to make".

Hubby makes his creation no matter what I say I'd like.  Sometimes I'd just like to be surprised.

So What Are You Having For Dinner?  I need some new ideas.

Comments

  1. Your post reminded me that I need to plan meals this weekend! I started planning by the month when we were first married, because I needed some variety and planning helped fix that. Now I plan two months at a time, 13 meals a month, no specific order. I love pulling out my cookbooks for inspiration! Oh--and we're eating out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do no meal planning! When I am at the grocery store, I am always thinking about the meals I'll make that week, and that's the extent of it. I quit asking my husband what he'd like years ago because the "Whatever you want to make." reply was making mad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hardest question of the day ... I like how you posed the question to get some responses here! Does Lean Cuisine count for a dinner option? I didn't think so. We are having Tilapia and rice! No special cooking here, but you already knew that ....

    I hope you get some good ideas and recipes ... you could always head over to pinterest. I have a "Food: Dinner Tonight" board full of yummy looking dinners (that I will have to try one day ...)

    Love ya, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh when I read this. Kathy and I are the same way. I enjoy cooking as long as Kathy tells me what she would like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy if you like butternut squash here is a yummy dish! Just baking the squash in the first step is awesome side! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/11/roasted-butternut-baked-penne/ link lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always ask, but I always cook too. My husband's response is usually cornbread and goulash. I think he says it just get my goat but at least it is a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In our house, my husband is the best cook, but hates planning for the meals. No surprises except his consistently giving spirit. Our favorites are when he uses the grill, so went out and bought an indoor one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had dinner for breakfast this morning. Our favorite go-to dinners are Mexican: fajitas or burritos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had dinner for breakfast this morning. Our favorite go-to dinners are Mexican: fajitas or burritos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post! I ask my daughter and husband that question all the time and usually they are not much help. One of my new favorites is stuffed bell peppers with fire roasted tomatoes, brown rice, ground turkey, and black beans. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate having to come up with the meal ideas and then cooking them. It's not that I dislike cooking, but I get tired of it. Lately when I need inspiration, I turn to Pinterest. I will type in a search and presto there are hundreds of options and pictures. Then I have to hunt the source down for the recipe, but at least we are trying some new foods. There are so many food blogs out there too (that's where most of the pins are from). Good luck. Tonight we are having an Asian beef and green bean stir fry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've been eating a lot of comfort food this winter. I've lost count of how many batches of chili I've made, along with soups, stew and macaroni and cheese, which is what we had tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so lucky that your hubby cooks for you! Hope you enjoyed your dinner!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple