Tuesday SOL 4/28/15 - Spring
Spring arrived
Dogwoods bloomed
Rain poured
Wind blew
White petals
Flitted
Floated
Drifted
To the ground
Blossoms gone
Green leaves appear
Spring will soon disappear
2011 - I'm creating this Blog at the encouragement of my special daughter. I've always read books and enjoyed them "in the moment" and as soon as I finish one, on to the next only to forget the author, his/her story and characters. So, with the creation of this Blog, I hope to remember why I enjoy a certain author and book and to keep track of all that I've read. 2012 - This blog is not all about my books any more - I have started adding slices of life to it and sharing with others.
Dogwoods are just beautiful in spring! I imagined the whole process of the beautiful petals falling through your words Judy!
ReplyDeleteThe ending is perfect, Judy, & nice rhythm, too. Oh, so true. I'm glad our rain wasn't powerful enough to take the blossoms--yet!
ReplyDeleteHopefully Spring won't disappear too quickly. I enjoy the season and seeing things come back to life. I am looking forward to going outside later on to do some weeding and just enjoy the day.
ReplyDeleteI am so sad when rain beats on the blossoms and they disappear so quickly. I just love the color the dogwood brings to the forest and yards. Lovely poem!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how we long for spring and the it comes and goes so quickly! Those beautiful petals ... flit and float about. Beautiful language to describe the drifting of spring!
ReplyDelete