Tuesday SOL 5/12/15 - Max Writes - A Tough Couple of Weeks

To say the least, IT'S BEEN A COUPLE OF VERY DIFFICULT WEEKS  for me!  Allow me to share what's happened.

Three weeks ago, Mom woke me up for a nice nap and told me we were going for a car ride.  Now this means:  1.  Going to Carol & Jim's (but no blanket or food was packed); 2.  Going to the vet (ugh); or 3.  Going for a hair cut (another ugh).  I gave her the look that said "really, must I go?".

But she insisted.  We drove and I watched to see which way she would turn.  Oh no, it's towards the vet and hair cut.  Drove a little further and another turn.  Well, I guess a hair cut is better than the vet.  I can handle it.  Besides having a bath will feel really good and it's getting warmer, so I need to get rid of some hair.

Dad picked me up a noon and I got to get a good nap in before dinner.

Then Friday came, Mom called again saying, "Let's go for a car ride".  Not again!  Now what?  Down to two choices now.  Vet? Carol & Jim?  Again, no blanket or food.  I don't want to go, but I'm obedient and get in the car.  Just like I thought.  The vet - feeling, prodding, listening and then those dreaded shots.  Ah.  It's over.  Or so I thought.

The rest of the weekend was good.  Then came Thursday.  Mom & Dad were packing and getting things together.  Then I noticed my bag with food and treats.  Uh oh, there's goes my blanket.  This times its okay because I really like going to C&J's.  They give me lots of treats and lovin'.  But, what's this, Jim trying to shove a pill down my throat?  Next time, it was in a slice of bread with peanut butter - hey that's not bad!  Mom & Dad came to get me after a long weekend (or so they say).

And then...  Friday rolled around.  Mom again wanted to take me for a ride.  But, wait.  I've already had a hair cut & bath, I went to the vet and to C&J's.  Now what?  Mom kept talking and saying it was going to be okay.  Then I knew something was up.

Back to the vet's.  I really didn't want to stay, but the nurse took me out of the room when Mom walked out the door.   The next thing I knew, I was waking up from a really deep sleep.  My front legs has spots that had been shaved.  And, my mouth hurt!  What happened?  Apparently I hadn't been taking care of my teeth and had two extractions and a cleaning. 

Mom & Dad were really pampering me all week.  Soft food, warmed up in the microwave, but no chewy treat and NO ICE CUBES! 

Yes, it's been a couple of rough weeks for me.   Maybe today I'll get a chewy treat and a ice cube.

Comments

  1. You poor baby. Hope the tooth fairy left you something good. I remember we had a cat who had to have one of his fangs extracted. You definitely deserve a chewy treat and an ice cube. Enjoy the pampering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Max. Love that you chose to write from his point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Max. Love that you chose to write from his point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better Max . . . it has been a rough week! Now don't play up the vet visit too much . . . or maybe it's ok this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max, you scared me for a minute when your put vet and sleep in the same sentence. Glad you only needed dental work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, sweet Max...you will be better, and your breath, no doubt, is fresher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Max - glad you are being pampered and loved. What a roller coaster week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, poor pup! Writing this from his point of view was a great choice. Poor thing didn't know what he was in for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Max, I understand the soft food part. My husband has been on soft food due to an extraction too. Hope you are feeling better and chomping on ice cubes soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple