Tuesday SOL 6/2/15 - Our Plan or is it God's Plan?

After the contract on our house was finalized last week, we started our search for a new home.  We searched on line - what an easy way to find something in our price range, size and area.  It's wonderful to take a tour of a house before ever entering the door.   Our realtor found a couple that he thought might work and so we looked.  We said only three to four at one time.  They all seem to run together if there are too many options.  Some we took a step in the door and said "Not for us", others we said "A possibility, but we'd have to do this and this and this." 

But, there was one house that grabbed at us from the beginning.  Although, we thought maybe it was too small, did it really have everything we needed/wanted.  Coming from a totally open concept, could we really move into smaller rooms?  The questions kept coming, but after each house that we looked at, we kept coming back to this one house.

Yesterday, we called our realtor and asked if we could go back and see it again.  We also asked if the owners could be there so we could ask questions.  It was arranged.  We talked, we looked, we questioned, we thought...

We made an offer and they accepted.

Do I see God's plan in all this?  Oh, yes.  He has been with us all along and will continue to walk with us in this journey.

Comments

  1. Oh congrats Judy! Here's to many many more years of new memories! All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a home is the real search, and I'm glad you found one. When I was looking for my current home, I prayed daily to know where to go, and I've been here for over 10 years and never once regretted my smaller rooms and small kitchen, etc. It's been more than a house; it's a home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! You found a house! Now the work of moving, ugh. Sounds like it was just meant to be. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buying a home is truly an experience. Somehow you know when you and the house are meant for each other. The moment Kathy and I walked into this house we knew it was for us. As with you, things worked out thanks to Divine intervention. May you make many happy new memories in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "Tiny House" movement continues to gain momentum. It represents a simpler, more ecological, more ethical lifestyle I think Jesus would give a thumbs up--ore at least a blessing. Conversely, when I watch HGTV, which is too often, and hear a couple moving into a McMansion attribute it to divine intervention, I doubt their veracity. We can self-talk ourselves into thinking God foreordained our over-consumption. Much luck to you in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Judy. I'm happy you found that house that was just right. When I moved, some parts were smaller, but others not, so it has been a change, but a lovely one, too, just as I'm sure yours will be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! Houses are so often about that gut feeling...always go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! Houses are so often about that gut feeling...always go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, congratulations! How exciting! Sounds like you knew it was the one - it was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such good news! No need to worry or stress ... right?!? Enjoy packing and remembering the memories from one home ... and the excitement as you make plans for the new home! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple