SOL 11/31 - More about Spring
I wrote about the coming of spring last week, but today I needed to share more.
As Max and I stepped outside
The birds were singing happy songs
The smell of rain was still in the air
The Bradford Pear trees are blooming
Lined up stately on our neighbors drive
The grass is turning green
With a tinge of purple (some weed with beautiful purple flowers)
Spreading itself across the lawns
Our first spring in our new house
Waiting to see what else spring will bring us.
As Max and I stepped outside
The birds were singing happy songs
The smell of rain was still in the air
The Bradford Pear trees are blooming
Lined up stately on our neighbors drive
The grass is turning green
With a tinge of purple (some weed with beautiful purple flowers)
Spreading itself across the lawns
Our first spring in our new house
Waiting to see what else spring will bring us.

I just love this time of year! So much is coming alive again, it just makes me smile! I bet the Pear tress are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour descriptions brought me to your street where I could see the trees lining your neighbors drive, smell the fresh rain, and see the colors of the lawn. Such a simple post that brought my mind to a whole new place. I'm excited to begin seeing the trees bloom here and enjoy the green grass. Good slice!
ReplyDeleteIt's always fun to discover if any bulbs were planted and you didn't know about them. It sounds like your plants are further along than ours. The Bradfords have not started blooming yet.
ReplyDeleteSpring is the promise of everything new! I feel like I'm right there as I read your slice again and again. Hopefully we're not that far behind you!
ReplyDelete