SOL 23/31 - A trip to the nail salon
When we arrived on Sunday, I asked M what she had planned for the week. She promptly stated: "We're going to the nail salon to get our fingers and toes painted!" Monday came and she again said: "Today's the day! We're going to the nail salon!" Mommy said, "Well, not today. We have other errands to run. Probably tomorrow."
Disappointment showed on her face, but she was happy at the prospects of "tomorrow".
Tuesday, I arrived at their house and M emphatically stated: "We're going to the NAIL SALON TODAY!!!"
Mommy and I talked and talked. M & P wait (and I think almost gave up). Until Mommy said
"Are you dressed yet?" We went to their bedroom, all was quiet - were they sleeping? The beds were surrounded by pillows and blankets. They had built a tent over their beds. And were having fun with their I pads.-
Finally everyone was ready, but we had a few stops to make before going to the nail salon. Both girls were being very patient. You see Grandma had to make a stop at Bed Bath & Beyond.
We arrived at the nail salon, four chairs were ready and waiting for us to be pampered. First we selected our polish colors. Then... we put our feet in the warm water to soak, a massage of the feet, trimming the nails, the warm towels placed on our legs, (oh, I didn't mention the smiles across all of our faces and the giggles from two little princesses). The toe nails became beautiful shades of pink.
The girls were carried to the chairs awaiting them for the painting of their fingernails. More smiles and giggles. A slightly different shade of pink. Oh so pretty. Mommy and I didn't get carried to our chairs, but we did get a little massage on our backs and necks. We both said that maybe we should have gotten a massage instead of our nails!
M was first to get to the nail dryer and, of course, there was a toe that got smudged. Not to worry, it was fixed in a sec. P was next to the dryer and she too had a smudge, while Mom & I got a little extra care with our nails.
Oh what a delightful afternoon spent with MY GIRLS.
A side note - M found the perfect chandelier for their new bedroom - all crystal and sparkly. Mommy took a pic to show Daddy.
Disappointment showed on her face, but she was happy at the prospects of "tomorrow".
Tuesday, I arrived at their house and M emphatically stated: "We're going to the NAIL SALON TODAY!!!"
Mommy and I talked and talked. M & P wait (and I think almost gave up). Until Mommy said
"Are you dressed yet?" We went to their bedroom, all was quiet - were they sleeping? The beds were surrounded by pillows and blankets. They had built a tent over their beds. And were having fun with their I pads.-
Finally everyone was ready, but we had a few stops to make before going to the nail salon. Both girls were being very patient. You see Grandma had to make a stop at Bed Bath & Beyond.
We arrived at the nail salon, four chairs were ready and waiting for us to be pampered. First we selected our polish colors. Then... we put our feet in the warm water to soak, a massage of the feet, trimming the nails, the warm towels placed on our legs, (oh, I didn't mention the smiles across all of our faces and the giggles from two little princesses). The toe nails became beautiful shades of pink.
The girls were carried to the chairs awaiting them for the painting of their fingernails. More smiles and giggles. A slightly different shade of pink. Oh so pretty. Mommy and I didn't get carried to our chairs, but we did get a little massage on our backs and necks. We both said that maybe we should have gotten a massage instead of our nails!
M was first to get to the nail dryer and, of course, there was a toe that got smudged. Not to worry, it was fixed in a sec. P was next to the dryer and she too had a smudge, while Mom & I got a little extra care with our nails.
Oh what a delightful afternoon spent with MY GIRLS.
A side note - M found the perfect chandelier for their new bedroom - all crystal and sparkly. Mommy took a pic to show Daddy.

What a fun day with just the girls! I can imagine the giggles from the littlest ones, but I bet there were plenty from the bigger girls too.
ReplyDeleteNothing like a little pampering . . . at any age! I think M has it going on with design, chandeliers are very "in" right now!
ReplyDeleteA fun day with the girls. What could be better? Nothing beats smiles all around.
ReplyDeleteA lovely time with the princesses!
ReplyDeleteA day at the nail salon never gets old! The girls LOVE to be pampered, as every girl should! The smiles are priceless!
ReplyDelete