March SOL 19/31 - A Strange Night

This morning, I awoke refreshed after a good, no great night's sleep.  I awoke thinking, "Oh my goodness, Max didn't wake me up.  What kind of mess will I find?"

So let's back up.  For the last few months, Max has gotten me up at least twice during the night (thus my lack of sleep).  When I get up, my hubby seems to be restless and doesn't sleep well either.

Hubby is a member of the Twin Lakes Gun Club and they were holding their annual gun show.  They needed someone to stay at the fair grounds all night.  He volunteered for the 12:00 midnight to 6:30 a.m. shift.  So last night, he wasn't home.  Usually, I don't sleep well when I know he's not there.  And, I was concerned about him being in a setting by himself.

Last night, I had a difficult time getting to sleep, but when I did, I must not have heard anything.  Max didn't come to his bed, he stayed in the living room.  No nails clicking on the floor during the night, no movement in the bed.  Just me by myself.

I awoke refreshed and ready to start my day.  Max was still asleep in the same place as when I went to bed.  No messes.  I woke him and he went outside and promptly back to his spot.  I know he's not doing good, but I don't want to dwell on that thought.

Hubby called to assure me that he was fine and would be home soon.

Feeling blessed to have had a good night's sleep and ready to start a new day.

Comments

  1. Good sleep makes for a fresh start...literally and not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good sleep makes for a fresh start...literally and not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep is so important. Years ago when our first child started to sleep through the night but our dogs kept waking us up, we banned them from our bedroom. It was a good decision, though a tough one. And probably not possible for you if your dog is old and you're worried about him. Hope tonight is another good night of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing reminds the reader of all that a wife has going on inside wondering about all the important ones in her life. It is a wonder we ever get a good night sleep. Your writing reminded me why!! I enjoyed your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad everyone had a restful night. When there is a change in my routine, I am definitely not as peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep is a wonderful thing! I had a hard time falling asleep last night too, but I slept well. Glad you were able to get a restful night's sleep and are ready to tackle the day. You got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good night's sleep is a thing to be celebrated. Glad you got one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good sleep is so restful, even though it caused you a little concern. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't remember the last time I slept all night. Hopefully, you have started a new trend in sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good night's sleep is one of the best things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy, Staying up all night does not sound like my idea of a good time. I hope your husband is able to nap today. I am sorry Max is not well. Maybe you could use a nap too. I love naps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, man. I can understand your concern with Max. Happy to hear all was okay. I guess Max was missing Dad, waiting for him. Glad you got some sleep, but guessing everyone still took a nap today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple