March 2018 SOLSC - 11/31 - Question #9
What did you do as a child that got you in the most trouble with your parents? With your teacher?
I'd like to say that I was the "ideal" daughter and student, but I'm sure my parents might disagree. I really don't remember getting in trouble with a teacher, but there was one time that I remember my parents were really angry with me.
My Dad worked for a house building contractor and helped to build our house in town. It was almost completed and my parents took us to the house to check it out (and I'm sure they said "don't go down the hallway", but... I wanted to see my bedroom and proceeded to go down the hall. What I didn't know was that the hardwood floors had just been varnished and were still tacky and not dry. I left several foot prints on the floor.
Needless to say, my Dad was not very happy with me. I can't remember another time when he was really mad, but this definitely did not make me his "special" daughter.
I'd like to say that I was the "ideal" daughter and student, but I'm sure my parents might disagree. I really don't remember getting in trouble with a teacher, but there was one time that I remember my parents were really angry with me.
My Dad worked for a house building contractor and helped to build our house in town. It was almost completed and my parents took us to the house to check it out (and I'm sure they said "don't go down the hallway", but... I wanted to see my bedroom and proceeded to go down the hall. What I didn't know was that the hardwood floors had just been varnished and were still tacky and not dry. I left several foot prints on the floor.
Needless to say, my Dad was not very happy with me. I can't remember another time when he was really mad, but this definitely did not make me his "special" daughter.
Oh! I have a time I could share when I REALLY made my dad mad. You reveal what you did with great suspense--we knew something was going to happen, and the reveal was great!
ReplyDeletegreat payoff in this story.
ReplyDeleteA small but important memory. Leaves me wondering how your footprints were dealt with; did they let the varnish dry, so your misdeed was visible for years to come?
ReplyDeleteLike you, I don't remember getting in trouble in school, and not too often at home. However, once I was supposed to turn off my light and go to sleep, but I didn't. Because of that I did not get to go with my dad to pick up grandparents at the airport. I was devastated. Still bugs me.
ReplyDeleteGreat question and fun answer. Did they leave the footprints on the varnish? I'm betting not, but what memories if they had!
ReplyDeleteWhat child hasn't gotten into trouble at home. I like the way you build toward the climax/reveal.
ReplyDeleteOops ... just a minor accident! I can't even imagine the frustration from Grandpa, but I know that you were forgiven and the floors were refinished. Thanks for sharing another story, Mom!
ReplyDelete