Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school
Last week there was an article in our local newspaper that I found fascinating and wanted to share it with you. This is a story about a dog who listens as children read out loud. It's a new program in our school district and I'm proud that our district is using this innovative program to help students learn.
Animals are so loving, caring and accepting, and the students love to have someone that they can read to and to be loved unconditionally.
I hope you enjoy the article.
http://www.baxterbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/201210200500/NEWS01/310200014
Animals are so loving, caring and accepting, and the students love to have someone that they can read to and to be loved unconditionally.
I hope you enjoy the article.
http://www.baxterbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/201210200500/NEWS01/310200014

What could be better than reading and a cuddly dog who will listen? A great initiative to allow students to practice reading without any stress. What fun!
ReplyDeleteDog love! They do so much good in many places, Judy. I haven't seen about this, but it's such a great idea. That photo with the boy getting a kiss is priceless. I suspect they could use more than one dog! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a generous person to share her sweet dog! I know that having a dog in school is great for kids. Lucky kids!
ReplyDeleteLove it--what a great way to encourage kids to read. Wonder if I could get Chloe to site still long enough???
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this!! I've heard of this project in other states and it brings tears to my eyes. Animals are so wonderfully patient to do this. If my cat could handle strangers and sitting for longer than 10 min, I would take her to schools for this.
ReplyDelete