SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Yesterday, the realtor's came to look at our house.  Our realtor only brings his own people thru, so it wasn't too bad.  Max slept thru most of it until they went upstairs where he was sleeping.  He barked briefly, came downstairs, got petted and pampered a little.  They walked thru the house, in the bedroom, up the stairs, down the stairs, looked things over, asked a few questions and 15 minutes later out the door they went.

Our realtor told me he has had a couple of calls - one from a neighbor (being nosy) and another from a realtor who said this house is exactly what his clients are looking for, but they had just left the day before it was listed.  But could they put in an offer sight unseen?  Really???  Is this just a realtor's ploy to make us feel good or is it real?  No offer yet, but who knows.  It could happen.

I breathed a sigh of relief.  Max looked at me as if to say "Is that it?  Can I go back to sleep now?".  I assured him that was it for the day and he could take a leisurely nap.

Until a phone call came.  "Can we show your house at 3:00 this afternoon?"

Oh my gosh.  It's real.  This is actually happening.  Are we truly ready for this?

Max and I took a walk.  Hubby checked on our neighbor's house and cat.  They looked and then they too were gone.  Our first showing.  The realtor told hubby that we have a beautiful home.  So now we wait for the next call.

Comments

  1. I remember those days full of hope and anxiety. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with selling your home! It can be a crazy time, but it sounds like that time will be short for you.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is exciting and scary at the same time. May His peace be with you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes ... I can't imagine. Scary and exciting. Ups and downs. Hopes and deflated. You will experience it all. Keep praying as you already know, God has a plan. Be patient and wait for His timing. (That's the really hard part!) Enjoy celebrating your beautiful home and the memories made in your first retirement home you built -- even the nosy neighbors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I showed mine, lots of neighbors looked too, but I was already gone so it didn't matter so much. Best wishes to you, Judy, hard to keep it all straight and ready.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it sells quickly for you so that Max can have a new place where he won't have his naps disrupted by strange people walking through his house. The waiting is the difficult part...and always wanting things to be right...and yes, the nosy neighbors. Sounds like the realtor likes your place...and that is a good thing. Good luck. And give Max a pat on the head from me. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember how nervous we got every time the realtor called to say someone wanted to see the house. Most times we were out, but once or twice we were home. It is a strange feeling having strangers go through your house making judgments (at least that is how thought of it.) Anyway, we sold our house and I am sure things will work out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might get an offer from someone who has not even seen it? That would be awesome! I hope this is a quick process and soon you are looking for your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck Judy! Quick would be awesome because it's hard to leave when people want to come see it. I can't wait to hear what your plan is once the house is sold! Again, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was fast! You may need to start packing sooner than you thought! Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 1/13/15 - Trying "To Do" Retired