Friends
I am so blessed to have such a wide array of friends. Family is wonderful and I don't know what I'd do without any of them, but FRIENDS.... This past week our friends, Carol & Jim, have taken care of Max & me. They took Max while I worked and went to Fayetteville. They fed me and shared their time with me.
I renewed a friendship with Judy, who I haven't seen in over 10 years. We grew up together in Clifton, were best friends in grade school, had different classes in high school, took a vacation to Mackinaw Island after graduating. Then went our separate ways. We always kept in contact, at least at Christmas. I got married, then she got married. Our lives took different paths. Five years ago we started e-mailing each other and have been in weekly contact since that time. Her brother moved to Arkansas and last year he had a stroke. Judy & her husband decided it was time to visit him in Ft. Smith. We got together for lunch and a gab-fest. It was a delightful visit and we plan to get together hopefully once a year.
Then I visited with Pearl, an elderly friend. It started out as a Stephen Ministry relationship, but has grown into a "Mother-Daughter" type of relationship. Last fall she went to North Carolina to spend 5 months with her daughter. Now she is back home, but it is bitter sweet, as she is disbanding her house after 34 years in Mountain Home, and moving permanently to her daughter's home. I know it's best for her, but still it's hard. I have grown to love her and will miss her and our weekly "attitude adjustments". We'll keep in contact, of course, but it'll be long distance.
Many people have come in and out of my life, but I'm so thankful for those who have remained over the years. Those who I can count on to "be there for me" and I can be there for them. God has truly blessed me with not only a wonderful family, but with many FRIENDS.
I renewed a friendship with Judy, who I haven't seen in over 10 years. We grew up together in Clifton, were best friends in grade school, had different classes in high school, took a vacation to Mackinaw Island after graduating. Then went our separate ways. We always kept in contact, at least at Christmas. I got married, then she got married. Our lives took different paths. Five years ago we started e-mailing each other and have been in weekly contact since that time. Her brother moved to Arkansas and last year he had a stroke. Judy & her husband decided it was time to visit him in Ft. Smith. We got together for lunch and a gab-fest. It was a delightful visit and we plan to get together hopefully once a year.
Then I visited with Pearl, an elderly friend. It started out as a Stephen Ministry relationship, but has grown into a "Mother-Daughter" type of relationship. Last fall she went to North Carolina to spend 5 months with her daughter. Now she is back home, but it is bitter sweet, as she is disbanding her house after 34 years in Mountain Home, and moving permanently to her daughter's home. I know it's best for her, but still it's hard. I have grown to love her and will miss her and our weekly "attitude adjustments". We'll keep in contact, of course, but it'll be long distance.
Many people have come in and out of my life, but I'm so thankful for those who have remained over the years. Those who I can count on to "be there for me" and I can be there for them. God has truly blessed me with not only a wonderful family, but with many FRIENDS.
Great reflection on friendship. Three awesome examples of friends, loyalty, support, caring. Keeping in touch is the most important part -- say hi, lend an ear, and you are so good at all that!
ReplyDelete