Heaven is for Real - Todd Burpo

This was a very thought provoking book.  My faith has always been very strong and my view of heaven is one of awe.  This book makes Heaven even more awesome.  To think that Jesus will meet me when I arrive in Heaven - WOW.  To be able to meet all those who have gone before me - especially my Mom & Dad - but not old - we will all be young, healthy, free of pain, in a glorified body (maybe we'll be thin!!!)

Colton kept telling his parents that "Jesus loves the little children".  So we need to keep telling those Bible stories, singing Jesus Loves Me, being examples by showing God's love in everything we do and say.  We need to share our faith with children, grandchildren, great grandchildren.  Pass it on.


I know that all who believe and are baptized will go to Heaven, but what about those babies who are still born or miscarried or aborted.  Colton found his sister (who was miscarried at two months) in Heaven.  She was never named, but yet she was one of God's children.


One quote from the book was about Satan - "When you're thinking "Heaven", you're thinking crystal streams and streets of gold, not angels and demons crossing swords."  I guess I never thought that we would still be fighting Satan when we got to Heaven.  But then, Satan never gives up.  In the end, God is the WINNER, therefore, we are winners too.

I believe that God does answer prayers.  Maybe not how we want them answered or in our time, but he does answer them.  So I will keep praying and know that he will answer.  I just need to listen.

Excellent read.

Read:  March, 2011

Comments

  1. This sounds like a great book, especially to read with "90 Minutes in Heaven." Many connections and similarities, like the ones we love that passed before us will greet us first! That will be so exciting!

    Your thoughts about the babies . . .I'm thinking they were already a gift from God, so if need be, He will take them back.

    I look forward to reading this book next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years