BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS

When I think of my birthday, I think "Oh, just another day".  But on May 1st we celebrated M & P's 1st birthday.  Did they know it was a "special" day? Or, was it "just another day" to them.  They did their usual routine, got up, bathed, ate, took a nap, ate some more, took another nap.  And then....  to wake up to a house full of people - yes, they've met them all before, but soooo many at one time.  They just looked and watched, clung on to someone familiar.  Never a cry, just wonder. 

M & P each had a cupcake with a candle - again wondering "what do I do"?  Each of them tentatively touched the frosting and looked around at the crowd.  With Momma & Daddy's help, they figured out it should go in their mouths.  But.... it was much more fun to just crumble it into pieces.

Then, came the present opening.  Momma & Daddy did a fine job, but M & P thoroughly enjoyed the paper and bags.  So many gifts and so much fun.

Was it "just another day"?  No, it was a wonderful way to celebrate the gift of life and love.  God has been so good to us and these two little girls are his miracles.  Let me celebrate every day as God's gift to me.  Remind me that every day is a "special day" to rejoice and be glad.

Comments

  1. I like how you tied the girls' birthday to the idea that every day is a "special day!" It's the truth! We should rejoice and be glad every morning we wake up, stretch , and take that deep breath. Thank you for today!

    This reminds me of a prayer I wrote down that I read on another blog: Thank you Lord for the wonder and surprise
 you will bring into my life this day.

    Thank you for writing today! m.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years