A Rose Bush - Reflection

This morning as I was walking Max, we passed the dilapidated, abandoned, stripped down trailer.  I thought what a terrible sight that is.  I wish the owner would tear it down (it's only been that way for 3 or 4 years).  But then I noticed this beautiful red rose bush behind the trailer and towering over it.  Despite the fact that no "human" cares for that rose bush, it is flourishing and shows it beauty between two ugly trailers.  I think that is how we are.  We don't always take care of ourselves or we have troubles in our lives, but God is always there for us - to nurture and feed us and make us bloom and flourish.  Just as God takes care of that rose bush, he takes care of us, even when we think we don't need any help.

Thank you, Father, for the reminder that you love and take care of all that you have created.

Comments

  1. I easily visualized the dilapidated trailer and then the beautiful red rose bush. Great job capturing the moment into words. You've made an amazing comparison as well -- very thought provoking. And you are right!

    Thank you for being open to the world around you and finding beauty where you thought there was none.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years