Word of the Day #2 - Wonder - Tami Morrison

Tami wrote:  I love that wonder can mean several things:
  • a feeling of surprise caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable
  • to desire to be curious or know something
  • a feeling of admiration and amazement
I want you to find a little bit of wonder in your day today.
Choose one of the following:
  • Learn something new. What's something you've been wondering about? Google it, and record your findings on your page.
  • Put it back on the radar. Marvel at an everyday occurrence with surprise and amazement, as though you were seeing it for the first time…and then document it.
  • Embrace your inner superhero. Are you a wonder in the kitchen? At karaoke night? At your craft table? We all have at least one superpower! Document what it is that brings out your inner Wonder Woman.

I always think it's amazing that there are so many different definitions for words and so it is with the word "Wonder".  

So, as I sit here at the computer looking out the window at the hummingbird feeder, I "wonder" how those tiny little creatures can find the feeder, flutter their wings to stay in place and drink.  I wonder why they are so territorial - not wanting to share their feeder with another hummingbird, but yet have tolerated the chickadees to sit alongside of them and drink.  I wonder how they know it's time to leave this area and fly south to a warmer climate when it's cold here.  I wonder how can they fly so far and not get tired.  What beautiful, little creatures God has created, but what it there purpose?  

Guess it's time to Google hummingbirds and find out all there it so know.  But before that, I'll just enjoy watching their antics and try to get a glimpse of them as they hover and flit about the porch.

There are many other things that I "wonder" about, but that will be for another post - maybe a list of wonders???


Comments

  1. Wonder. Good word of the day. I may borrow these words and have my students do some thinking and writing! I wonder what they would share. This is a great idea.

    I wonder how Jon and I became the luckiest parents in the world! I wonder what those two girls are always thinking. I wonder if they know how much we love them. I wonder how long they will be our innocent, sweet babies. I wonder what their lives will be like growing up. I wonder if I'll make the right choices in guiding them. I wonder what they will be when they grow up. I wonder . . .

    A list of wonders for another post is a WONDERful idea! :) Thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple