Word of the Day #5 - ENJOY - May Flaum

Enjoy - to have a good time; 1: to have for one's use, benefit, or lot:  experience; 2:  to take pleasure or satisfaction in


I feel that I have much more time to "enjoy" myself now that I'm semi-retired (more like retired, but going to a "job" 2 days a week).  I enjoy working for Shawn and Colin - can't say that about every (or maybe any) job that I've had.  But, I do enjoy the challenge of learning new things about the financial and insurance world.  I enjoy talking and helping those who call or come in the office.


On the days that I don't work, I enjoy being at home, doing "my things" - even if it's cleaning and laundry.  I enjoy sitting on the front porch in the early morning, listening to the sounds of nature, sipping a cup of coffee and waiting for the sunrise to appear over the lake.  I enjoy my walks with Max, giving me time to think, reflect and listen to God's plan for my day (or is it my plan for the day?).  I enjoy the meals that Len prepares (I truly enjoy not having to cook!).  I enjoy reading, getting involved in the stories that the authors create.  I enjoy my crafts - scrapbooking, card making, cross stitching, and crocheting.


I enjoy spending time with my family, especially M & P.  Every time I visit, I find that they give me so much enjoyment and pleasure that it gets harder and harder to leave, but knowing that the next visit will bring that much more enjoyment.


I enjoy spending time with friends even if it's only thru e-mail or phone calls.  Just keeping up with what is going on in their lives gives enjoyment.


I enjoy my church work with Stephen Ministry, although lately it's been a struggle - I want to continue, but not in a leadership role.


I enjoy my relationship with God and thank Him every day for the blessings He gives me to enjoy.


I hope and pray that no matter what age or stage in a person's life, that everyone can "enjoy" themselves.

Comments

  1. Great snapshot of those things that you enjoy in your life. You won't believe M and P when you see them! You will truly enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years