Word of the Day #8 - LIVE - Lisa Day

Live - to experience every moment of every year, month, day, hour, minute, second, nanosecond to the fullest.

Life is full of ups and downs, but if we focus only on the terrible or troublesome things that happen, we can't really live it to the fullest.  The saying "Take time to smell the roses" comes to mind when I think of the word "live".  How can we truly live if our lives are so busy and rushed that we don't take time to enjoy the little things? I think it is much easier for me at this point in my life to "live" - to experience those things that I never took time for before.  Did I enjoy my children as much as I do my grandchildren?  Or was I too busy just trying to get everything accomplished?  Did I enjoy the satisfaction of accomplishment in my employment or was I too frustrated by things that went wrong?  Do I focus more on the negative than the positive?

We have a sign hanging in our house that says:  "Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make of life".  I pray that I can focus on all that life has to offer - the good and bad - and that I can enjoy every moment that I have left in my life.

Comments

  1. Live in the moment. Good advice to live by -- especially when time is just flying by at a rapid pace!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years