Thoughts on Fall

As I took my walk with Max this morning, I pondered about the season of Fall.  Today, Oct. 1st, is a beautiful fall day - bright sunshine, cool temperature, slight breeze.  You can smell fall in the air and feel the crispness of the morning.  I always say that Spring is my favorite time of the year - and it is, until Fall arrives.

I love:
the different colors of the leaves - red, orange, yellow and brown still mixed with green
the last remnants of the flowering bushes
the different colored mums
the warmth of the sun
the falling leaves
a fire in the fireplace to take the chill out of the house
the winding down of the summer season of hot, humid days and nights
soaking in the hot tub, looking at the starry sky
sipping a cup of tea

This is the time for all of nature to prepare for the cold winter that will soon be here, but until that time arrives, I will enjoy each day of this Fall season and thank God for the beauty of this land He created.

Comments

  1. Picture perfect! I also love fall for these same reasons. The trees are starting to turn. M and P picked up their first red/orange leaves to toss into the air. What beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years