Reflection #3 - An Ode to Our GPS - MIO

Vacation time
Going to new places
Pull Mio out of the cabinet
Now Mio is "several" years old
And slightly out of date
But still able to get us where we want to go,
If only we could figure out how this thing works!!
We feel "technologically" handicapped.
Of course, the manual is on the computer (at home).
They don't print manuals these days!
So it's a hit or miss, retry and go back to home.
So as we drive, I try to put in an address.
Ha!  It's a new road and not to be found.
What's the nearest intersection?
Back to home.
Pull out the trusty map - if only we had new ones.
Stop and ask for directions???
Out of the question.
Recalculating.  Turn around at the nearest intersection.
My oh my does she get impatient with us.
Ah, finally we reach our first destination.
The second destination was easy - we had programmed it in at home.
I think we're making headway.  I think I've got it figured out.
Well, maybe not completely.
By the time we reach our last destination, I've got it!
Just press home and viola, it gives us directions we understand.
Put it away for the next trip of unknown destination.
Maybe I'll read the manual BEFORE we leave!
Thanks MIO for getting us back home.

Comments

  1. I like the rhythm of your poem and even though a GPS can be so helpful, it can also be so frustrating! Isn't it funny how you can hear the irritation in "her" voice? The "Home" button is the best button of all! Glad you had a fun trip without any major detours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years