SOL #15 – 3/15/12

Creativity

My list of hobbies is endless and it doesn’t seem like I have time to spend time enjoying each of them.  So in my list making and arranging of my days, I try to work on something different on my crafting days.  The craft that I have come to love is making cards for birthdays, anniversaries, thinking of you, Christmas, etc.  I have found many websites, blogs, and magazines that have ideas galore.  I pick my favorite and go from there, letting my creativity flow. 

Last year, in addition to making cards for family and friends, I made cards for “Operation Write Home”.  It’s an organization that collects handmade cards to send to our troops overseas so that they have cards to send home to their loved ones.  Check out the website operationwritehome.org.  It was a very rewarding experience to help out our troops.



I'm not alone in this card making venture.  For Christmas each year, my husband and I search for the perfect stamp to match our Christmas greeting. While I stamp the cards and write the message, my husband uses his talent with markers and colored pencils to complete the cards.  We both feel like kids with a new coloring book, a blank palate to be creative.  It's fun working together to create a card we can share with family and friends.




Comments

  1. Your cards are beautiful and I'm sure everyone enjoys this extra special touch. How wonderful that you and your husband work together on your unique Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved card making, I still have the stamps, paper, ink so I plan to return to it one day. It is so nice that your husband works along with you on the Christmas cards. I wish mine would, but that won't be happening. Your cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Judy!!! So many talents and how sweet you and your husband share in your creativity! I love that you send cards to our troops . . . talk about men and women that we need to show how much we appreciate them . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a lot of hobbies, but they keep you busy and thinking! And now you can add writing to your list!

    Love the 'operation write home' - what a perfect gift for the troops to send home loved ones handmade cards. I can only imagine the love that is written inside of one of your handmade with love cards! So cool to think about where your card will travel and the hands and live it will touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this thoughtful way that you share a gift you have for creating something special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever heard of kaleidoscopic origami? You would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should say that you can find a lot of card ideas under tea bag folding. That is another name for kaleidoscopic origami.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years