SOL #7 – 3/7/12 What goes Beep, Beep, Beep In the Night?
When Hubby arose on Friday morning, he asked if I heard the beeping at midnight. Now, I’m usually the one who hears everything, but I said that I didn’t hear anything and asked if he wasn’t just dreaming.
He said, “No way. I looked at the clock and it said 12:00 – at 12:01 the beeping stopped”. I just said “Okay.” And rolled my eyes heavenward.
He checked the clock upstairs, his phone, my phone and anything else that could making the beeping sound.
Then Sunday night at 12:00, I awoke to the beep, beep, beep. Just as I got up to see where the sound was coming from, IT QUIT!!! So back to bed. Monday morning it dawned on me that there was one clock radio that we hadn’t checked and sure nuf, the alarm was set to go off at 12:00 midnight. Supposedly, I turned it off, but alas, last night we both woke up to beep, beep, beep at 12:00.
So now I’m really puzzled. Could it be ghosts in the house or has Max discovered how to push buttons? Guess we’ll have to dig out the trusty manual and see how to turn the alarm off. So hopefully we’ll have no more beeping in the Night!
Sounds in the night are so unexpected they can easily wake us. I hope your "beep, beep, beep" has been fixed.
ReplyDeleteGrrr . . .that's frustrating! What could it be? I've also never had an alarm that quits after a minute of making such racket. I would have slept through many wake up calls! Strange . . . good luck figuring this one out!
ReplyDeleteDid you check the smoke and "gas" detectors? Hmm this is a puzzle for sure! When and if you ever figure it out, you will have to let us know!
ReplyDeleteAt least you both heard it on different nights, otherwise sanity may be brought into question.
ReplyDeleteI hate noises in the night. Hope you get a quiet beep-free night tonight.
Not sure if it was intended to, but this post made me laugh!!!!! Thank you. Still, I hope you resolve the problem so you can sleep.
ReplyDelete