SOL #9 – 3/9/12 Rain

This morning as I lay in bed, waking from a good night's rest, I listened to the rain gently falling to the ground.  I thought of a happy song from my parent's generation:

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again

What a wonderful way to wake up.

But then the time came to walk Max and it was no longer a gentle rain, but rather a downpour.  Max is rather temperamental when it comes to rain - HE JUST PLAIN DOESN'T WANT TO GET WET!!!  So we started chanting:

Rain, rain go away, come again another day.

In the meantime, I had places to go and people to see and I kept thinking:  Oh, please don't rain on my parade.   I found this quote to change my thinking:

And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down.
Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.

And, so out the door I went, searching for the rainbow - but alas, not today - the sun was nowhere to be found. Since I couldn't find the rainbow,  I found this quote instead:

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always brings your own sunshine.
Anthony J. D;Angelo, The College Blue Book

Regardless of the dreary weather, I went about my day with a smile on my face and a song in my heart, remembering how I work up to the gentle rain and a happy song.

Comments

  1. What fun! Rain can be dreary, sad and just plain yucky, but I love how you captured the 'happiness' of rain! (I, for one, do love the rain every once in awhile.) The songs and the quotes in between your thinking about the day was clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you wove phrases from just right songs and quotes to create your message. That's some fancy crafting of words! Today the sun is shining, so Max can go out and not get wet. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,
    My gosh I was just looking out the window this morning at a very grey and dreary day..but then I said "look past the grey, see all the beauty just pretend your looking through a black and white lens" we don't always need to see in color! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rain. Or at least I did until I started teaching. Now I love rain on non school days! Indoor Recess is not fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple