Tuesday SOLSC – 4/24/12 – Some more thoughts from Max


         

Max convinced me that it was time for him to share his thoughts on the other dogs on our road, so here they are:

Mom and Dad always take me for a walk in the morning and we have LOTS of dogs on our road – some nice, some annoying, some aggravating and some NOT VERY NICE!
So I thought I tell you about them.

The neighbor at the resort has a black Lab and his name is Buddy – he’s about 3 years old and still very much of a pup.  We don’t get to see him a lot as they walk later in the day, but I like him.

Across the street, our new neighbors have two dogs – Boomer and Tubby.  Boomer is a miniature Collie and Tubby is a very little, yippy, annoying thing.  They stay mostly in their yard and usually only bark at us.

Next door to them is Petey, who usually just likes to walk with us because his Mom & Dad just leave him roam.  They recently acquired another dog – it’s a Blue Healer and not very nice.  As soon as we come close to their drive, out he/she runs, bearing teeth and growling and trying to get me!  I don’t like it and try to get away.  Mom yells at it, but usually to no avail.  A couple of days ago his owners were out when it came charging at us.  Even though they saw it, it hasn’t helped and every day more harassment!

Then we have Duke – a very large black Lab.  He’s pretty nice and we run along side each other.  Further up the road are two more dogs – Brandy and Amber – they always greet us with their barking, but are too lazy to come out to the road for an official “hello”.

A little further, we find Sunny – she’s a Golden Retriever and very friendly.  She usually walks with us for a little way.  She must be my age, because she just likes to do her own thing.

And finally, another new dog – I don’t know what kind she is, but she’s big and a very active pup.  She thinks I’m playing when I run and really all I’m trying to do is get away from her so we can have a nice, quiet walk!

The one thing that I can say about all these dogs is that I don’t think their owners care very much about them.  They are always outside, roaming around wherever and don’t seem to be loved.

I really appreciate Mom and Dad, cause they take good care of me, walk me on a leash, play with me and feed me. 

Comments

  1. Oh, the mind of Max! Love how he described all the other critters - annoying, harassing, lazy, like me. I guess living out in the country provides a different set of "rules" for the loved ones. Glad to know that Max understands his rules at home because he sure is loved a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Judy! What is the ration of dogs to people? ;-))) Anyway nice that Max appreciates what wonderful parents he has. Those dogs that come out barking scare me a bit YIKES! Thanks for the first smile of my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max, you are one lucky dog! Hang close to Judy and you will be fine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, Max,
    You are one lucky pup to have such caring parents! We have some four legged friends in our neck of the woods that could learn a thing or two from your mom and dad! Have fun playin and walking- let us know more about your puppy town adventures! Oh, we also read a story in our reading book about a dog named Max who becomes Space Pup at night...are you dog by day and super pet by night too?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years