Tuesday SOLSC - A Brief Moment in the Sunshine
Sitting on the back deck
Sun shining brightly
Closing my eyes
Absorbing the warmth of the sun
On my face, my arms
Letting it seep into my bones
Getting my Vitamin D
Relaxing
Listening
The birds are twittering back and forth
The hum of an airplane
The boats racing on the lake
The wind chimes singing their tune
The buzz of a bee
The breeze blowing thru the trees
The clouds roll in
the sun is hidden
the warmth disappears
Rain is coming
Only a brief moment
It'll come another day
For now, I'll cherish this moment.

Judy I closed my eyes and felt like I was on the deck with you! Wonderful descriptions...Lynn
ReplyDeleteAh, I love those moments. Thanks for savoring the warmth in your words. :)
ReplyDeleteLove "letting it seep into my bones." That's how I feel whenever I can catch a moment in the sun. Wonderful way to capture this moment.
ReplyDeleteI cherish moments like these too, even if they are only moments. I love the sun but we sometimes need the rain too...
ReplyDeleteI worship the sun...I love Spring! I didn't need to see a photograph because your words painted such a beatiful picture for me!
Thank you!