Tuesday SOLSC - May 15, 2012 - A Tiny Little Surprise
Upon arriving home from our trip last week, my husband pulled into the drive, stopped half way to the house and proceeded to back up. I thought to myself - Whatever are you doing now?
He said, "Something is laying in the grass". I couldn't imagine what he was talking about. Then he pointed and told me to look. I released my seat belt so I could look out of his window.
What to my surprise I saw this tiny, little faun - all curled up. No mama to be seen. I asked, "Is she alive?" My husband said yes and that she looked okay.
We continued to the garage and I got Max in the house, so he wouldn't go check it out. I wondered if something was wrong and mama just left it. We proceeded to unload the car and get unpacked. I looked out the window and there walking across the front yard was mama with baby following close behind. It was no bigger than a small puppy. At the edge of the woods, mama stopped and baby started sucking.
What a precious sight to see. God's precious little creatures.
I didn't take a picture, but found this on the internet and this is exactly what we were privileged to see.
He said, "Something is laying in the grass". I couldn't imagine what he was talking about. Then he pointed and told me to look. I released my seat belt so I could look out of his window.
What to my surprise I saw this tiny, little faun - all curled up. No mama to be seen. I asked, "Is she alive?" My husband said yes and that she looked okay.
We continued to the garage and I got Max in the house, so he wouldn't go check it out. I wondered if something was wrong and mama just left it. We proceeded to unload the car and get unpacked. I looked out the window and there walking across the front yard was mama with baby following close behind. It was no bigger than a small puppy. At the edge of the woods, mama stopped and baby started sucking.
What a precious sight to see. God's precious little creatures.
I didn't take a picture, but found this on the internet and this is exactly what we were privileged to see.


Oh, how sweet! Quite the surprise to be welcomed home by a fawn. It was probably quiet for a couple days and they found refuge in your yard, but I wonder if they will continue to hang around now that Max is home!
ReplyDeleteLovely surprise. Several people are talking about things seen in their yards. Must be spring!
ReplyDeleteSometimes it is the small, tiny details in life that are the most powerful. Thanks for taking the time to record this one.
ReplyDeleteRuth
I love catching a glimpse of nature! So glad you husband was so observant on this journey up the driveway. A special moment yo remember.
ReplyDeleteI love the sweet little baby picture. I was outside with my class yesterday and 3 deer sprinted about four feet away from our picnic table...it was incredible. love nanc xo
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!! Where I live I see once in a while deer but never one sitting on my front lawn! I am always amazed how excited I get when I see one...as if I never saw anything so beautiful..well maybe...
ReplyDeleteThis is something I truly miss about living in the country (I live in Seoul now, HUGE CITY in South Korea!), wild turkeys would come up to our slider glass doors, deer would run across the lawn. God's creation is amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful description of God's blessing to you that day! Thanks for sharing with your beautiful description.
ReplyDelete