Tuesday SOL - July 24, 2012 - Is it a routine or am I in a Rut?
Each day is pretty much the same:
I get up at 5:00
Turn on the computer and check my e-mails
Play my words in my games of Scrabble & Words With Friends
Read my devotions and Bible
Meditate and Pray
By 6:00, I am exercising
By 6:30, I have my cup of coffee and read the paper, work the crossword and Jumble
Have breakfast
Take Max for a walk
And then my day begins in earnest
Hubby says that I'm "set in my ways". I like to think of it as "my routine". And, I'm sure others would say that I'm "in a rut".
Whatever it's called, I like what I do, when I do it and that's all that really matters!
I get up at 5:00
Turn on the computer and check my e-mails
Play my words in my games of Scrabble & Words With Friends
Read my devotions and Bible
Meditate and Pray
By 6:00, I am exercising
By 6:30, I have my cup of coffee and read the paper, work the crossword and Jumble
Have breakfast
Take Max for a walk
And then my day begins in earnest
Hubby says that I'm "set in my ways". I like to think of it as "my routine". And, I'm sure others would say that I'm "in a rut".
Whatever it's called, I like what I do, when I do it and that's all that really matters!

Oh my...this could be my start to my day! I call it a GREAT way to get started!
ReplyDeleteYou said it! You are doing exactly what you want and YES, that is all that matters! Good for you Judy, for knowing what makes you happy and content!!
ReplyDeleteI vote for routine not rut. If it makes you happy, keep it up!
ReplyDeleteHey, if it works for you, stick with it! And look at everything you get accomplished in the first 2 hours of the day! I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteI like routines - especially because it gives you a positive start to the day.
ReplyDeleteAs long as you are happy with your routines, that's all that matters.
ReplyDeleteYou said it! I have my routine. If it changes sometimes I can get a little thrown off. When I worked downtown, I had my same parking spot and spot on the train day in and day out. I thought it was an adventure when I switched it up. Others thought I was crazy. Oh well! It worked for me :)
ReplyDeleteHere is to routines that run smoothly.
ReplyDeleteI wrote about this very same thing last year and someone commented that it was more likely a "ritual" not a routine or a rut. Rituals help us make sense of life so it's a good thing.
ReplyDeleteroutines and consistency are the stuff that makes the world go 'round. You are productive and happy - what could be better? Good for you.
ReplyDeleteI love summer, but I also can't wait to get into my routine the school year provides!
ReplyDelete