Tuesday SOL - 8/28/12 - A Friend in need of prayers
I have a dear friend that I have been praying for and want to share her story with you and ask that you, too will pray for her and her family.
I have known Val for ten years - we met when I was teaching my first Stephen Ministry training class. She is a very caring and compassionate person, her faith in God is very strong and she loves to help everyone she meets. She is one of those people who is always positive and upbeat.
I am in awe of her strong faith in God. You see, she has had many setbacks in her life and yet, her faith has never faltered. Val and her husband lost there only son due to a tragedy when he was in his 20's, but they were blessed with a beautiful granddaughter. About six years ago, Val was involved in a horrific traffic accident caused by a drunk driver. She was not expected to be able to walk again, but thru her determination and faith, she persevered and today, with the aid of crutches, she does not let anything stop her. Such an inspiration she is to all of us who know her.
And now, she is going thru yet another difficult time - her husband was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor last year. He had surgery, chemo and radiation therapy, lots of doctor visits and tests, pain and depression. This past week, they were informed that the tumor has returned and is growing, along with three other tumors. He does not want to go thru any other treatments and will soon be under hospice care. And yet, Val remains strong and positive.
I can't imagine what they are going thru, but I do know that God will take care of them. I would appreciate it if you would offer up a prayer for Val and Don to give them strength and comfort.
Thank you
I have known Val for ten years - we met when I was teaching my first Stephen Ministry training class. She is a very caring and compassionate person, her faith in God is very strong and she loves to help everyone she meets. She is one of those people who is always positive and upbeat.
I am in awe of her strong faith in God. You see, she has had many setbacks in her life and yet, her faith has never faltered. Val and her husband lost there only son due to a tragedy when he was in his 20's, but they were blessed with a beautiful granddaughter. About six years ago, Val was involved in a horrific traffic accident caused by a drunk driver. She was not expected to be able to walk again, but thru her determination and faith, she persevered and today, with the aid of crutches, she does not let anything stop her. Such an inspiration she is to all of us who know her.
And now, she is going thru yet another difficult time - her husband was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor last year. He had surgery, chemo and radiation therapy, lots of doctor visits and tests, pain and depression. This past week, they were informed that the tumor has returned and is growing, along with three other tumors. He does not want to go thru any other treatments and will soon be under hospice care. And yet, Val remains strong and positive.
I can't imagine what they are going thru, but I do know that God will take care of them. I would appreciate it if you would offer up a prayer for Val and Don to give them strength and comfort.
Thank you

My prayers are with them, Judy. I'm sorry for the tough times people go through, & yet they carry on. And my thoughts are also with you because of the worry about your friend.
ReplyDeleteFriendship is so important. This woman perseveres because of her faith, yes, but also because there are caring people in her life. How blessed she and you are to have each other.
ReplyDeleteOh Judy it saddens me so when I hear someone will lose the battle. I am so amazed with the faith that you and your friend have. I do send good thoughts to your friends as well as you... we just never ever know what life will bring do we?
DeleteWow. That's a lot to happen to one person. She must be extraordinarily strong. She is also so lucky to have you for a friend. Sending prayers...
ReplyDeleteVal and Don are added to the prayer list as well as you as you help an support your dear friend. What amazing strength this family has.
ReplyDeleteYou wonder why . . . Why, God, does Val and Don have to suffer through so much? I know that a christian life isn't meant to be easy. That we will all have our hardships. But, why? Sending our love and prayers.
ReplyDelete