Good Grief - Lolly Winston
Goodreads summary: "Thirty-six-year-old
Sophie Stanton desperately wants to be a good widow-a graceful,
composed, Jackie Kennedy kind of widow. Alas, she is more of the Jack
Daniels kind. Self-medicating with ice cream for breakfast, breaking
down at the supermarket, and showing up to work in her bathrobe and
bunny slippers-soon she's not only lost her husband, but her job,
house...and waistline. With humor and chutzpah Sophie leaves town,
determined to reinvent her life. But starting over has its hurdles; soon
she's involved with a thirteen-year-old who has a fascination with
fire, and a handsome actor who inspires a range of feelings she can't
cope with-yet."
An interesting novel with a difficult subject matter - grief. I didn't particularly like how the author wrote - it reminded me too much of the writing of another author. But, I did feel she totally understood how grieving people feel - the different steps of grief and depression. I liked the different characters that surrounded Sophie and how they helped her through the process. None of us know how we are going to react to the loss of a loved one and grief is different for each of us. It was interesting to go through the process with Sophie and feel what she was experiencing.
Finished: Sept. 24, 2012
An interesting novel with a difficult subject matter - grief. I didn't particularly like how the author wrote - it reminded me too much of the writing of another author. But, I did feel she totally understood how grieving people feel - the different steps of grief and depression. I liked the different characters that surrounded Sophie and how they helped her through the process. None of us know how we are going to react to the loss of a loved one and grief is different for each of us. It was interesting to go through the process with Sophie and feel what she was experiencing.
Finished: Sept. 24, 2012
Comments
Post a Comment