Tuesday SOL 9/11/12 - Something Totally Unexpected
I have always said it would never happen, but now I know that you never say "never".
Last Friday our son called - not unusual because he's off on Fridays. Hubby answered and they chatted for a little bit and then Scott told him to get me on the other phone. My mind went every which way wondering what could have happened.
The next words out of his mouth were "I just got back from buying a ring". I replied, "As in diamond?" He said yes. I'm not sure what we said, but both of us were so surprised and delighted and probably speechless. but so very happy for him.
His girlfriend was driving home after spending a couple of days with friends at the Dells. He was going to pop the question when she got home. About an hour later, another call came and I answered. He said, "She said YES!" Lots of congratulations and tears of happiness were shared. We spoke to Jen and she was still pretty much in shock, but so happy.
He had send a text to Michelle and when she read it, she called immediately (good thing she was on lunch) and Scott said she was crying more than Jen.
And then it went on Facebook and everyone knew of their joy.
So now we share in their joy and look forward to wedding plans and making many memories.
Last Friday our son called - not unusual because he's off on Fridays. Hubby answered and they chatted for a little bit and then Scott told him to get me on the other phone. My mind went every which way wondering what could have happened.
The next words out of his mouth were "I just got back from buying a ring". I replied, "As in diamond?" He said yes. I'm not sure what we said, but both of us were so surprised and delighted and probably speechless. but so very happy for him.
His girlfriend was driving home after spending a couple of days with friends at the Dells. He was going to pop the question when she got home. About an hour later, another call came and I answered. He said, "She said YES!" Lots of congratulations and tears of happiness were shared. We spoke to Jen and she was still pretty much in shock, but so happy.
He had send a text to Michelle and when she read it, she called immediately (good thing she was on lunch) and Scott said she was crying more than Jen.
And then it went on Facebook and everyone knew of their joy.
So now we share in their joy and look forward to wedding plans and making many memories.

I love the happiness that bubbles through your words with the realization of joyful news!
ReplyDeleteQuite a happy surprise! You just never know what Scott is thinking, but I think we are all in agreement that this was one GREAT idea! We are so happy for them both!
ReplyDeleteOh congrats to you all! I met Scott and Jen at Michelle's and I even said to Scott after thinking they were already married..."what are you waiting for?"!
ReplyDeleteAn exciting time for your family! Congratulations to you all.
ReplyDeleteThat is a terrific surprise...I hope that some day my buddy will be calling with that same great news. xo
ReplyDeleteHappy news indeed! I know your stomach dropped when he said for you to get on the line. We always think of what's wrong first instead of what's right. Joyful times ahead!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so excited for your family! Michelle was beaming and so excited to hear Scott's news - joy spreads quickly!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Judy. I don't know the whole family, if you have other children or not, but this is so exciting. I have loved my 'added' children as my own married, a special relationship. Here's to a very happy year!
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHHH! So exciting! I am just now catching up on the Tuesday slices! congrats and so happy for the fam! Way to go! Looking forward to hearing more about the wedding planning!
ReplyDelete