Tuesday SOL 9/18/12 - Hummingbirds

As I sit at my computer, I gaze out the window and watch the hummingbirds as the come to the feeder.  The last couple of days, they have been very active -

First one comes flitting by
and then another joins in the fun

Flying and chasing one another
Dive bombing, soaring, hovering
and then a moment to take a drink
and off again to land in the tree
and back.

They never seem to tire.  They appear to be having a lot of fun.  But soon, they will be gone.

I think they know I'm watching them and they are giving me moments to enjoy now and to sustain me through the winter months when they are gone.

Comments

  1. It's like they are doing their final bows before the end of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummingbirds are so delicate and beautiful. You've captured their movements in your words.

    I love the new fall background, soon the leaves will be changing and leaving too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the description of the playful hummingbirds! They are supposed to be a sign of good luck! We see them occasionally...what a special blessing to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what else you see out your window? Thank you for the bird story and photograph. You leave me wanting to know more. What will sustain you through the winter months?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hummingbirds are so much fun to watch. I love it when they share the feeder and don't chase one another away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes--love my hummers, too. Many have left my backyard. Nights are in the 40's. Can't believe some are still here. I've been missing summer for 3 weeks now. Enjoy seeing what you're reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. Don't you wish you could hold these moments in a jar and bring them out in the midst of a blizzard?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great reminder to take time and really watch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years