Lakes News by Barbar Delinsky
Goodreads summary: "After an unscrupulous
reporter falsely accuses Boston singer Lily Blake of having an affair
with a newly appointed Cardinal, she’s hounded by the press, fired from
her job, and robbed of all her public freedom. The humiliation and
violation of privacy leaves her no choice but to retreat to her rural
hometown of Lake Henry, New Hampshire. In search of refuge, Lily forms
an uneasy alliance with John Kipling, a former Boston reporter with
trust issues of his own. Now editing Lake Henry’s local newspaper, John
cannot ignore Lily’s appeal or her plight—even at the risk of taking on
his former colleagues. Rewarding and unforgettable, a stirring novel of
hope and redemption, Lake News offers an intimate look at the
complex relationship between an enigmatic man and a vulnerable but
spirited woman, both struggling to find a new sense of community in a
place they once called home."
I like Delinsky's style of writing and this subject matter is very interesting. The media is brutal and some of them only want to make a name for themselves by "breaking the story". How many people are innocent and have been charged, tried and defamed because of an unscrupulous newspaper/television writer? How many lives have been ruined? And, even if the newspaper is wrong, it doesn't print a retraction or apology. I enjoyed the book as I have all of Delinsky's books.
Finished: October 6, 2012
I like Delinsky's style of writing and this subject matter is very interesting. The media is brutal and some of them only want to make a name for themselves by "breaking the story". How many people are innocent and have been charged, tried and defamed because of an unscrupulous newspaper/television writer? How many lives have been ruined? And, even if the newspaper is wrong, it doesn't print a retraction or apology. I enjoyed the book as I have all of Delinsky's books.
Finished: October 6, 2012
Judy,
ReplyDeleteI remember reading this long time ago and really liking it. It was an emotional read--tissues were necessary.