Tuesday SOL 10/1/12 - Life is like a jigsaw puzzle


Usually we only work on jigsaw puzzles around Christmas time, but we were given several puzzles of Las Vegas and I didn't want to keep them around until Christmas.  I opted for the easy (?) one first - a panoramic view of Vegas as night.  The person who gave me this puzzle was kind enough to put all the border pieces in a separate baggy.  It only took us a little over a day and so the next day we started the second one - a panoramic day time view of Vegas.  Again a little baggy with border pieces.

Hey, this is going to be another easy one.  But, alas, one piece of the border was missing.  We spread all the pieces out, searched and searched, but to no avail.  Hubby worked on it while I went to work.  He quit for a while, went out to get the mail, came back into the garage and brushed  himself off because it was raining.  Voila!  The piece went flying to the floor -  I accused him of trying to save the piece so he could say he finished the puzzle.

As we worked on yet another puzzle of Vegas (1000 pieces and bummer, we had to find all the border pieces), I started thinking how much our lives are like a jigsaw puzzle.  We search and search to find the right pieces to fit together.  Some fit so easily, while others we turn around and around, set them aside, pick them up and finally they fit.  I wonder how many times I have tried to fit the same piece in the right place, but it just doesn't "seem" quite right.  When I can look at the whole picture and not just a bunch of pieces, I can finally put my life pieces together, until I find another missing piece. 

Comments

  1. Judy I love the analogy! I wonder if our life puzzle is ever finished or more important do we want it to be? Great slice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just right, Judy! My husband & I used to love doing the puzzles. Sometimes the dog ate a few-who knows why? But you've shared such a terrific analogy, I'll carry it further in that, sometimes those pieces are never found, so one just makes do. I love the way you led into the story, and gave a good thought at the end. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love jigsaw puzzles, never thought of collecting the border pieces for the next person. Life is a puzzle and we have to figure out what the picture is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss doing puzzles with my daughter and my mother. Maybe that is something that I just get ready for this weekend when my daughter comes home?? We could chat around the "pieces of life" while completing a real jigsaw puzzle....something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Putting puzzles together takes a lot of patience. Like does figuring life out. A little help is welcome along the way in both cases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always another missing piece, in puzzles and life. Thankful for friends to help with borders.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years