Tuesday SOL - 12/18/12 - Feelings
Nothing much has been on my mind except
for the many feelings that I have experienced
for the past couple of days.
And, thru it all, I found Joy. Because of my faith in God, I know that He is always with us and because of His presence, we have Joy. My prayers go out to everyone in Newtown who have been affected by this terrible tragedy and I ask God to be with them, to fill them with His joy, peace and comfort.
for the many feelings that I have experienced
for the past couple of days.
Unbelief
Horror
Sorrow
Fear
Helpless
Angry
Despairing
Powerless
Concerned
Broken-hearted
Distressed
Grieved
Shocked
Overwhelmed
Overwhelmed
And, thru it all, I found Joy. Because of my faith in God, I know that He is always with us and because of His presence, we have Joy. My prayers go out to everyone in Newtown who have been affected by this terrible tragedy and I ask God to be with them, to fill them with His joy, peace and comfort.

You have captured my thoughts and feelings as well. Continuing to pray for peace and comfort -- those are the exact two words I used in my slice today too. Joy is difficult at this time, but it's there, all around us. We have to open our eyes to see the joy now after such a horrific day: the love of a town, the support, the memorials, the prayers, the heros, and so on. Yes, there is joy. Thank you for reminding us to SEE the joy through the sorrow.
ReplyDeleteI am in awe of your faith Judy . . . I hope your words and prayer help the people affected by this horrible tragedy...
ReplyDeleteI share your emotional roller coaster - my feelings have switched between a jumble of emotions. I hope that the families in Newtown and all of us watching can find strength.
ReplyDeleteJoy, peace, and comfort- exactly what we need, exactly what God gives.
ReplyDeleteI understand where you're coming from Judy. I read this and thought you might like to too, http://www.kveller.com/blog/parenting/where-was-god/.
ReplyDelete