Tuesday SOL - 1/29/13 - In Remembrance


February 2nd will be 24 years.  How can it be?  Where did the time go?

Twenty-four years ago on Feb. 2nd, my Mom passed away after five long years of battling cancer.  Even after all this time, I miss her.  It seems like only yesterday that I was talking to her on the phone, sharing what was going on with the kids, hearing the joy in her voice as she shared what she had been doing that week.


She was a doer.  She cared about everyone and reached out to those who were in need.  Even as she suffered through the pain of surgery, chemotherapy, lack of energy, she never complained and always had something good to say.  Even on her death bed, she kept on giving.  A comforting word, a squeeze from her hand, a smile, words saying that everything would be all right.

I remember how strong her faith was - knowing that no matter what God was with her every moment of every day.  I grew through her in my faith.  I only hope that I can live as she lived - caring for others, sharing an encouraging word.  I know she is watching over me and my family and smiling on us as we go about our day.

So this post is in remembrance of a Great Lady - My Mom!  And it is a post of being Grateful (my OLW).  Without my Mom, I wouldn't be who I am today.

I love you, Mom.  Thank you for your love, guidance and encouragement.

Comments

  1. Tears . . . what a way to start this Tuesday! Grandma was the best, wasn't she? This is the perfect tribute to her. A remembrance that brings her alive again in my heart even after 24 years - and that I can't believe either!

    Thank you for sharing with others about Grandma. This is why I love that you are writing and remembering and sharing your story.

    I love you, Mom. Thank you for your love, guidance and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Judy what a beautiful tribute to your mom. I too lost my mom to cancer many years ago and like you say you never stop thinking about the "what ifs" and missing them. I think your mom would be so so proud of you and the wonderful caring person you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moms are the most special person in our life. What a special tribute to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I lost my dad in '99 and often think of him as I go through my day. Seems like they never really leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your mom with us. She sounds like a fabulous lady, giving even when she was in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy,
    Thanks for sharing this tribute about your Mom! I am sure she smiles frequently as she watches over you all!
    She's left a great mark on the world in her witness of faith to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your story about your Mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years