Day 15 of 31 SOLSC - Could it Be?
The joy of being retired is being able to do what you want, when you want to. Today was no exception.
When Max and I walked this morning, it was in the 30's. There was frost on the house tops and a definite chill in the air. But, the sun was shining brightly in the sky telling me to be prepared for later in the day.
The fireplace was giving off some much needed heat. I only had one load of laundry to do and a workshop to attend. Hubby said it's going to get in the 60's today.
When I got out of the workshop, the sun was still shining brightly. There was a slight breeze, but the temperature (according to my car) was 74. As I was driving home, I could envision myself sitting on the back deck, reading a book and absorbing the warmth of the sun. And that's exactly what I did. Max was ecstatic to be sitting outside too. But, then his internal clock told him that it's 4:00 and I need my food! And it was time to go in.
Tomorrow the temps are suppose to set a record of 80+. I can't wait to open up the house and let the fresh air inside. And spend more time on the deck. Could it be? Is this spring approaching? Or just a tease?
When Max and I walked this morning, it was in the 30's. There was frost on the house tops and a definite chill in the air. But, the sun was shining brightly in the sky telling me to be prepared for later in the day.
The fireplace was giving off some much needed heat. I only had one load of laundry to do and a workshop to attend. Hubby said it's going to get in the 60's today.
When I got out of the workshop, the sun was still shining brightly. There was a slight breeze, but the temperature (according to my car) was 74. As I was driving home, I could envision myself sitting on the back deck, reading a book and absorbing the warmth of the sun. And that's exactly what I did. Max was ecstatic to be sitting outside too. But, then his internal clock told him that it's 4:00 and I need my food! And it was time to go in.
Tomorrow the temps are suppose to set a record of 80+. I can't wait to open up the house and let the fresh air inside. And spend more time on the deck. Could it be? Is this spring approaching? Or just a tease?

Oh, so jealous! And you want to come to Illinois for spring break? Ha - not temps like that here! You better bring some sunshine and warmth with you. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope this is not a tease, I am so ready for the warmth. Today might be a day to pull the bike out and hit the trail.
ReplyDeleteI too am so JEALOUS!!! To be almost 80!! Oh I can't wait...but soon enough I hope! Until then I will imagine though your slice...thanks!
ReplyDeleteYour slice makes me dream about spring. No signs yet, but I know it will come.
ReplyDeleteOh that last line, I feel my mood is so linked to the weather, the temperature, the activities we can and can't do - your first line is so thought provoking. So many times people speak of retirement as boredom, but your take in the idea of freedom is refreshing!
ReplyDeleteWow - temps in the 70s by you, and we're shivering up here! Snow flurries again today. Bring your boots and parka for spring break!!! :)
ReplyDelete