Day 7 of 31 SOLSC - Popping the question

Last September we got a call from our son.  Not unusual, but this was in the middle of the morning on a Friday.  Again, not unusual since he has Fridays off.  Hubby answered the phone and after the normal, hi, how are ya, he said  "get Mom on the other phone:"  At that point, I got rather concerned and wondered what was wrong (a typical things Moms do).

He blurted out "I just got back from the jewelry store with a ring".

I said, "As in engagement ring?"  and his response was an astounding YES.  I could tell he was just bubbling over.

I had to sit down quickly, because this is something that I thought would never happen.  He has been single all of his 40 years and apparently happy.  But he has finally found the right gal and we adore her.

He told us he was going to ask her that afternoon when she got home.  It wasn't two hours later and we got another call.  SHE SAID YES!

When he got down on his knee, she thought he was petting the cat, but no he showed her the ring and popped the question and she was ecstatic, and said yes.

The date has been set and the plans are coming together.  Whenever I ask how things are going with the planning, he hands the phone over to Jen and she fills me in.  His comment (and a smart one I might add) is she tells me where to go and when to be there.

We are so happy for Scott and Jen and look forward to September 14th to help them celebrate this momentus event.


Comments

  1. It was an exciting day for all of us! Now . . . on to find some flower girl dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your children happy is a wonderful thing! And by the way Judy, I met both your son and Jen at Michelle's house..great couple! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling, I was thrilled when my son found his wife. Fortunately I did not have to wait nearly as long as you. Isn't it great when they find that special girl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! We are a few years away from this with our children, but I can just imagine your sense of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your kids happy is such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy story. Congratulations to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful. I know that feeling too - when your child says "get mom on the phone too" you know something is up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - the time is flying and soon the wedding will be here - just over 6 months away!
    Thanks for sharing their engagement story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting, exciting, exciting. September is not that far away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years