Tuesday SOLSC 5/7/13 - Special Moments with our Girls

This past weekend, we again made a trip to Illinois - this time for a special celebration.  Our twin granddaughters turned three.  How quickly these three years have passed.

I remember:
The night they came home from the hospital
Trying to figure out who was who
Their smiles and cooing
Swaddling and rocking and singing
Helping Mommy to figure out how to care for them by herself
Wondering how I was going to care for them by myself
Helping Daddy to care for them when I went home and Mommy was teaching
Crawling, walking, babbling, talking, playing, learning, developing.
And then they turned one and then two and now three.

More independent, more sure of themselves, wanting to learn, absorbing everything that is said, growing and developing and testing.  Each differently, and yet they are similar in so many ways.  M is the goer and P contemplates everything.  M can't sit still and P will sit with books or an activity for a long time.  Both of them have Grammy and Grampy wrapped around their fingers.  We can't wait to see what the next stage will bring and we look forward to each step of their lives.  We feel so blessed to have these two little ones in our lives.


Comments

  1. Aw...that is such a fun age. They learn new things so fast...and are so cute. So glad you are able to spend time with them.
    Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Judy those of us who are fortunate to have Michelle in our lives are saying the same thing! How is it possible that they are 3??? The two little ones are so blessed to have you and hubby as well! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies when you are watching babies grow. I know there will be many more special times with your special girls (big and little).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three is a special time-I know you will enjoy every minute! Happy birthday to those 'girls'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years