Tuesday SOLSC - 6/18/13 - My Dad's a Hero

Max was so excited when he got back from his walk last Tuesday, so I thought it would be good for him to tell you what happened.

My Dad's a real hero.  

Last Tuesday (Dad's birthday), he took me for my walk.  We stopped briefly at our neighbor's house to chat with Tom who was working on his horse trailer.  Then we started up the hill, taking our usual leisurely walk - Dad lets me smell everything and do "my thing".  We got about 100 yards or more and heard a loud bang and then someone yelling for help.

Dad dropped my leash, turned around and started running (my Dad NEVER runs).  I stopped and looked at my leash (it's a retractable one) and started running after Dad dragging my leash behind.  We ran to Tom's house and saw that the horse trailer had fallen and had Tom's wrist pinched.  Dad reached down and lifted it up and Tom pulled his arm free.  No blood - thank goodness.  I just sat there and waited.  Then Dad ran into Tom's house screaming for Cami.  He started going thru the freezer to find an ice pack and then reached for a towel.  Cami came into the kitchen trying to figure out who this "mad man" was in her kitchen.  Finally,  she realized that something had happened.  Dad got the ice pack on Tom's wrist and got everyone settled down.

And we headed for home.  He told Mom all about it and she was really worried about him.  But he said that he was okay.

Later that day Cami came over with a birthday cake and a beverage that he enjoys and said that Tom was resting, nothing was broken and they were so thankful that Dad was there to save him.

Now, Dad's always been a hero in my eyes, but today He was a Real Hero! and I'm proud to call him My Dad.


Comments

  1. What a sweet slice through your pup's eyes. I'm so glad that even though his leash was dropped, he was a good boy. Dad was such a hero too. I'm so glad everything was okay. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that you and Dad were close by to help your neighbor! Great job Max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Judy this is a precious slice! I'm so glad Tom is ok and that "your hero" is back safely as well! By the way, how cute that Max followed him I would think most dogs would see it as a "free" ticket to roam free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This actually brought tears to my eyes hearing it from Max. Because you see, Dad is my hero too, but like Max, now everyone knows he's a Real Hero. :) What a fun way to retell the story! I'm proud to call him my Dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun perspective for a hero story. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple