Tuesday SOLSC - 7/2/13 - Quiet at Home and The Rest of our Time together
Our girls' summer visit is over and the house is eerily QUIET. Max walks around looking in every corner, smelling under the table and in every corner. The busyness of the last two weeks is gone - I miss it. I miss the chatter, the questions, the cuddling, the laughter and tears. I miss showing them how to crochet and mix up the juice for the hummingbirds. I miss reading the same book over and over. I miss my girls - all three of them.
But those last four days (after last week's slice) were fun. We had a picnic in the park - the sirens sounds to let us know it was Noon and time to eat. We went to Branson to meet with Elsie. We saw the fish and wildlife at Bass Pro, we saw the fountains spouting, we played on some riding toys, we sucked on ice chips to cool us off.
Even though it was very hot, the girls were great - they allowed both Michelle and me to become more acquainted with Elsie. It was like meeting a friend that we hadn't seen in a long time. After several hours of chatting, walking, eating and playing, we said our good-byes to Elsie and headed to the airport to pick up our future daughter-in-law. The girls promptly fell asleep and weren't even aware that we stopped at the airport. The next day we spent at the beach and then packing up.
It was a wonderful 12 days and we look forward to their visit next summer (or sooner) for more fun.
The quiet is nice, but I do miss our Girls.
But those last four days (after last week's slice) were fun. We had a picnic in the park - the sirens sounds to let us know it was Noon and time to eat. We went to Branson to meet with Elsie. We saw the fish and wildlife at Bass Pro, we saw the fountains spouting, we played on some riding toys, we sucked on ice chips to cool us off.
Even though it was very hot, the girls were great - they allowed both Michelle and me to become more acquainted with Elsie. It was like meeting a friend that we hadn't seen in a long time. After several hours of chatting, walking, eating and playing, we said our good-byes to Elsie and headed to the airport to pick up our future daughter-in-law. The girls promptly fell asleep and weren't even aware that we stopped at the airport. The next day we spent at the beach and then packing up.
It was a wonderful 12 days and we look forward to their visit next summer (or sooner) for more fun.
The quiet is nice, but I do miss our Girls.

Wow, that was so great to meet up with Elsie. Tara and I did the same :)
ReplyDeleteI'm grinning,
Bonnie K.
You have captured that wonderful and yet sad quiet after they leave. I know it well!@
ReplyDeleteI figured those girls would fall asleep immediately. What a hot day, but so fun to meet everyone! I'm sure the house does seem lonely. Soon it will be the wedding and you will be back with your girls.
ReplyDeleteAh, another slicer's meeting! So wonderful..and I can tell that you miss all your girls so much - time to plan another reunion?!
ReplyDeleteWe miss it too! The girls should do keep things alive and going, don't they? Thanks for all your hospitality and my daily breaks from cooking, cleaning and laundry. Back to reality here, but it's good to be home too for us. Enjoy your quiet. I will be jealous from time to time. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how all the "noise" of family is so missed when it's not there . . . it's nice for a short time a very short time!
ReplyDeleteI hope that you meet sooner than next summer.
ReplyDeleteIt might be quiet but the LOVE comes through loud and clear!
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting meet-up. (I've read about it on all three of your blogs now. What wonderful connections you've made.)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had the girls for 12 whole days!!! I keep hearing I miss in my own mind as well. Sam and Em are back in Ecuador and I be saying bye to my boy tomorrow as we head back from Colorado. It matters so much to me that all my kids are happy, and they all are so happy, but I still miss. xo
ReplyDelete